Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Information We Collect
We collect information about you through the means discussed below. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our Services.
1. Information You Provide to Us
We collect a variety of information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information from you through:
- The Services you use or processing your orders;
- Requests or questions you submit to us via online forms, email, or otherwise;
- Your participation in contests or surveys;
- Any reviews that you submit about the Services;
- Account registration and administration of your account;
- Uploads or posts to the Services; and
- Requests for customer support and technical assistance
Information about you. While parts of the Services may not require you to provide any information that can directly identify you by name (such as if you choose to browse the website without logging in), the specific types of information we collect will depend upon the Services you use, how you use them, and the information you choose to provide. The types of data we collect directly from you includes:
- Email address;
- Phone number, if you choose to provide it;
- Name, if you choose to provide it;
- Log-in credentials, if you create a Subcontractor Institute account;
- Billing information, such as shipping address, credit or debit card number, verification number, zip code, and expiration date;
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us;
- Information about your customer service interactions with us;
- Demographic information such as your gender or other information you choose to provide as part of your Subcontractor Institute profile;
- User-generated content you provide to us, such as when you comment on content on the Services, respond to a survey request, review a class, or participate in the public forums;
- Classes in which you enroll; and
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services
Information about others. If you request that your purchase be provided to someone other than yourself (such as a gift recipient), we use the information you provide about the other person to fulfill the shipment.
2. Information We Collect Through Automated Means
When you use our Services, we collect certain information as described in this Section. As discussed further below, we and our service providers (which are third party companies that work on our behalf) may use a variety of technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
Websites. When you use our website, we collect and analyze information such as your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, software and hardware attributes (including device IDs) referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, date and time of use, content watched, total minutes watched, error logs, and other similar information about how you use the website.
Mobile Applications. When you use a Subcontractor Institute mobile application or software ("app"), we automatically receive certain information about the mobile phone, tablet, or computer used to access the app, including device identifiers, IP address, operating system, version, Internet service provider, browser type, domain name and other similar information, whether and when you update the app, date and time of use, content watched, total minutes watched, error logs, and other similar information about how you use the app.
Location Information. When you use the Services, we and our service providers may automatically collect general location information (e.g., IP address, city/state and/or postal code associated with an IP address, city/state) from your computer or mobile device.
3. Information We Collect From Social Media and Other Content Platforms
4. Information We Collect from Others
We may receive additional information such as demographic and statistical information from third parties, such as business partners, marketers, researchers, analysts, and other parties that we may attribute to you based on your assignment to certain statistical groups. We use this information to supplement the information that we collect directly from you in order to derive your possible interests and to provide more relevant experiences for you and improve our products, analytics, and advertising.
How We Use Your Information
We, or our service providers, use your information for various purposes depending on the types of information we have collected from and about you, in order to:
- Complete a purchase or provide the Services you have requested, including invoicing and accounting;
- Respond to your request for information and provide you with more effective and efficient customer service;
- Provide you with updates and information about classes in which you have enrolled;
- Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding Subcontractor Institute and third-party products, services, surveys, research studies, promotions, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you;
- Customize the advertising and content you see on the Services;
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services, including through research and reports, and test and create new products, features, and services;
- Secure our websites and applications, and resolve app crashes and other issues being reported;
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others;
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
Aggregate/Anonymous Data. We may aggregate and/or anonymize any information collected
through the Services so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device. We may use such information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
To collect the information in the “Information We Collect Through Automated Means” section above, we and our service providers use Internet server logs, cookies, tracking pixels, and other similar tracking technologies. We use these technologies in order to offer you a more tailored experience in the future, by understanding and remembering your particular browsing preferences. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site that enable us to: (i) recognize your computer; (ii) store your preferences and settings; (iii) understand the web pages of the Services you have visited; (iv) enhance your user experience by delivering and measuring the effectiveness of content and advertising tailored to your interests; (v) perform searches and analytics; and (vi) assist with security and administrative functions. Some cookies are placed in your browser cache while those associated with Flash technologies are stored with your Adobe Flash Player files.
As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather information through other methods. Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g., Internet Explorer; Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; or Apple Safari). You can also manage the use of Flash technologies, including flash cookies and local storage objects, with the Flash management tools available at Adobe's website. Please note that by blocking, disabling, or managing any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Services.
Retention of Your Information
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
How We Protect Your Information
Subcontractor Institute takes technical and organizational security measures to protect the information provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information to Subcontractor Institute via the Internet.
Third Party Links and Features
You may contact us as follows:
8431 Katy Freeway
Houston, Texas 77024